Monday, January 30, 2012

On the Move!


It was more of a Frankenstein walk, but I am officially putting in the baby book that Sunday, January 29, 2012 was when Jameson first really walked! He has been taking baby steps (literally!) here and there, but nothing that I would call walking. Unless of course, his grandparents witnessed it while watching him during the days and just didn't tell me, so we could be the ones to see it for the "first" time!

Progression of a walk:
  • 01/23: Jameson took steps from the recliner to ottoman. Darin laughed when I showed him because it was more of a step and then dive, but whatever, it's going in the baby book as steps!
  • 01/26: Jameson took a few tiny steps toward Hoyt, squealing all the while.
  • 01/27: Let go of his walker and took two steps toward me (as I held Hoyt for bait!).
  • 01/29: Took 4 or 5 continuous steps toward Darin and then actually walked a few more times that night.
  • 01/30: He walked toward his bookshelf to grab some books to read.
It does not surprise us that it progressed this quickly. The child puts his mind to something and gets it done. And, to those who know me and Darin, I am sure this is shocking :). I am pretty sure with as fast as he picked up on it, he will be running in no time! Look out world!!

The first real video evidence is of the Frankenstein-esque walk, but still a walk nonetheless! Video of Jameson taking first real steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment