Saturday, February 4, 2012

11 Months!!


T minus 29 days until the big O-N-E (gulp)!! Another great month in the books. Jameson has grown leaps and bounds in just a short period of time. He is really starting to understand things and communicate better. It's simply amazing watching him learn!

Here we go!
  • As of this morning, you weigh 23lbs. 11oz. and are ~30 inches. You are a squirmy, squirmy little boy, so it's always fun to get these stats.
  • You walked!!! You took your first real step (at least the first one we witnessed) and then not even a week later, you were walking toward things. You get so proud of yourself too (probably because I usually squeal with joy!).
  • You said a bunch of new words: uh oh, up, ball, hot (more like "hah", but you said it after I said the water was hot), ouch (more like "ow", but still good!), quiet Hoyt (OK, Gma Kim said it was more like "Aye Oy", but you said it right after she said it!), you say Boo to Gma Debbie and Ray all of the time, and you say hi when I say hi almost every time. Also, when I said I love you just the other day, I swear you said love you (again, more like "uhh oooh", but I am going with it!). And, you just like to talk in general - you have a lot of stories to tell us all and I love it!
  • You found your shadow in the beginning of January and it is adorable watching you bat at it.
  • You clap all of the time, especially when you are proud of yourself or when you hear music.
  • You got another ear infection, but showed absolutely no signs - no fever, no fussing, sleeping and eating like a champ, and happy as can be. You have had a pretty nasty cough for quite some time, but nothing seems to stop you!
  • Your top left lateral incisor is coming through and it looks like it hurts! I give you so much credit for being such a tough guy through it all. You get a little moody here and there, but I don't blame you in the least bit! I think the rest of those top teeth will follow shortly after.
  • You tried (kind of) lots of new foods: scrambled and boiled egg yoke, steamed peas, kiwi, my homemade chicken and noodles, spaghetti, cheerios and chicken taco stew. My chicken & noodles were about the only thing you devoured...everything else pretty much ended up on the floor or in Hoyt's mouth. I did discover that you LOVE cinnamon sugar pancakes, but that's probably not the smartest thing to give you, so we will eat those sparingly! And, you got your first taste of Dairy Queen ice cream when we were celebrating Lauren. You loved it, just like your Mommy and Daddy! But, we will hold off on that too until your big birthday!!
  • You drink from a sippy cup like a champ, but still like your bottles. We are going to try to wean you off the bottle by 1 year...so we don't have a lot of time! You are also still nursing and neither one of us seems to want to stop anytime soon (who would've thought?!).
  • I think you really understand what we are saying a lot of the time. When I stepped in for Dad to give you a bath the other night, you stood up and I told you to sit and when you didn't, I said "OK, guess it's time to get out" and you sat back down with a big old smile on your face! We proceeded to play this game for like 20 more minutes :). 
  • You definitely know who Elmo and Ernie are now. And, you get SUPER excited when you see Mickey Mouse on the TV.
  • You really like to read your books...I typically can't even get through 2 pages before you want to take the book and "read" it yourself. You also help me pick out which ones you want to read at night.  
  • You learned to shake your head back and forth as if saying no! I don't know if you really know that you are saying no, but it's pretty stinking cute!
  • You are still pretty connected to your Mommy...which I certainly don't mind! This also goes for both of your Gmas! Sometimes you want to go to them instead of me! But, that is wonderful and you are so lucky to have so many people who love you. But, you might want to share the love with your Daddy and Ray more often...I think they get a little sad when you always pick the girls! 
  • You have been doing it for a few months, but when someone picks you up and hugs you, you pat our backs or shoulders. It is so awesome!
  • You are an awesome sleeper still...and for that, we are so thankful!! And, Ray has the magic touch when it comes to naps...he can get you to sleep in seconds!
  • You saw your first snow! We didn't go out and play because it melted before we got a chance, but you admired it from inside!
  • You had your first adventure to IKEA and Buy Buy Baby with me, Gma D and Ray. You loved it...really.
  • You had quite a few play dates with your pals Jonah and Reagan - it's fun watching you all change and grow!
  • You went to Rowan's 4th birthday party at the children's museum and had fun!
  • I LOVE YOU!!!! That is all :).

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey."
Scrunch face!


Come play with me Hoyt!

First big snowfall!

Cheerios didn't go over so well....
Neither did spaghetti!!

But, cinnamon sugar pancakes were a hit...

And, so was Dairy Queen ice cream!
Reminiscent of the very first picture we took of him with his bear at just a few days old - screaming in both!
And, he's off
Baby jail!
Taking a break to read a book!
Handsome in his bow tie!

Having fun with Gma D and Ray!
Jameson and Jonah being all cute and stuff :).


Jameson flirting with Reagan.
My boys at Rowan's birthday party!
Aww, cousin love!
Cousin bath time!
And, of course we have to end with a Mom/Bean sleeping picture!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment