Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jameson's 1st Shiner!


Boys will be boys...I guess that saying is true when they are babies too! Jameson officially has his first shiner. We have had a few bumps on the head, bruises, scratches and the like here and there, but nothing that took my breath away. Well, this did it. And, the worst part is, I don't even know how it happened! On Monday evening, he was playing with his Cars bike for a little bit and as I walked over to play along with him, he looked up at me and smiled and had a huge bump under his left eye! And, of course he had scratched himself earlier in the day by his eye, so he looked terrible! It started puffing up pretty quickly, so I tried to use the "boo bunny", but he wanted nothing to do with that on his face. He just kept laughing every time I said "boo bunny"! The whole thing is very strange because he did not even make a noise when it happened and did not seem affected by it one bit. So, as long as he is OK, I guess we move on and consider it the first of probably many (but hopefully not too many!). And, his super human baby healing powers took over and it already looks tons better .

Poor sweet baby!
On a happier note, my homemade chicken and noodles were a huge hit Monday night for dinner, despite the eye incident. The child devoured the noodles, all while making these awesome noises like he just couldn't get enough. I guess maybe the fact that the noodles were soaked in chicken broth did the trick because this is certainly not the first time we have tried to feed him noodles! He didn't really do much with the chicken or the veggies, but one step at a time. Can't wait to try spaghetti with him...that will be fun for all I am sure!!
Mmmm, noodles!!
 
Shoveling it in!!

Sooooo gooood.



Pure bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment