Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend of Firsts!

We decided to introduce some "firsts" to Jr. this weekend because he is showing us all kinds of signs he is ready! Saturday night, we decided to put him in his high chair for the first time while we ate dinner. He absolutely loved it! He talked to us the whole time and was very interested in what we were eating.

I am so happy to be sitting at the big kid's table!

This made me wonder then if he was maybe ready to start trying some solids. Dr. Boe gave us the go ahead at his 4 month check-up, but I thought I would wait until he was 6 months since he clearly is getting enough to eat! However, he appears to be meeting the "criteria" to qualify for starting solids, so we decided to give it a go with cereal on Sunday night. Holy cow was it adorable. He seemed to really like it - did not even remotely balk at it. I am pretty sure we got more on his bib than in his mouth, but I was very impressed with him! At this point, we will probably just stick with cereal and then introduce the veggies and fruit at 6 months.
 
Mmm, this is so yummy! Must.Savor.It.

Finger lickin' good yummy!

We also decided to try out his crib Saturday night. I am not so sure I am emotionally ready for him to leave my side at night, but I know it is probably in everyone's best interest to try it out. Well, he did fabulous! It was a bit tough getting him down for the night because he was overly tired and just did not want to give in, but once he fell asleep, he slept great in the crib. I will tell you though that I was a bit freaked out when I woke up and saw him in a completely different place than where I laid him down! He apparently is a wiggle worm in his sleep too. He did this both times during the night!

This is how I laid down my sleepy bean.

And, when I woke up and looked at the video monitor, this is how he ended up!

He did even better with the crib on Sunday night. He was in such a good mood after we finished bath time and he finished eating, so Darin, Jameson, Hoyt and I crawled into our bed and Darin read him some Dr. Suess books while I held him. He loved it and slowly started drifting off to sleep as he was sitting on my lap. I picked him up, gave him a big ole' hug and kiss and put him down in his crib. He was out within seconds and slept for almost 4 hours. Still not like he used to, but you know, I am actually starting to enjoy our middle of the night "meetings". It is just so peaceful in his nursery and it is such an amazing way to bond with him. I am just going to cherish it instead of wondering why he isn't sleeping like he used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment