Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ahh, Freedom!


He's free!! Darin got his cast removed on Friday. For those of you who know Darin, you know he is not one to sit idly. So, having this restriction was as much painful as it was incredibly frustrating for him! We were both really looking forward to getting that bad boy off because although he had pretty much mastered the one handed diaper change and handling of baby J, he was still pretty limited in what he could do overall.  I really give kudos to the single mommies because it's exhausting and I still had help! Doesn't help that this all happened right when the whole sleep regression phase started. But, I am glad to have him "back" and I know he's looking forward to regaining some of the parenting duties that he was unable to fulfill...he was always jealous when he could hear us having so much fun during bath time!! His range of motion is still not 100%, so my duties will not change all that much right away. But, with a little physical therapy, he should be good in no time! I think this whole experience taught him that he's not a teenager and should probably not try to play softball like one...:-). I'm sure he'll think twice before diving for a ball next time!

Oh and I have to share because it's too sweet not to. When we were talking on Thursday night, Darin said one of the things he was most looking forward to was being able to give me a real hug. So, after his doctor appointment, he came to my work just to give me a big bear hug! And, he brought me (and Lindsay!) an Oreo blizzard to boot! Now, that's love...

1 comment: