Monday, February 20, 2012

To My Sweet Boy

I do not have much to say other than I love you, Jameson, with all of my heart and soul. Each day, I don't think it is possible to love you more than I already do and each day I get proved wrong. The time is going so fast and I wish I could just freeze it for awhile. However, then I look at how fun it has been watching you grow and change and I cannot wait to see the kind of person you become. You are such a blessing and are so much fun to be around. Everyone adores you and your sweet smile is simply amazing...you honestly brighten the room.

I was sad when you hit 1 month because that first month went so fast...and then you smiled at me for the first time. You hit 6 months and I was in tears thinking you were halfway to being one year old...and then you laughed and started giving hugs and kisses. You hit 9 months and I thought wow, please stop...and then you said Mama with a smile. I got teary creating your 1st birthday party invitation...and then you took your first steps toward me. So, even though my eyes fill with tears as I think about how we are less than 2 weeks away from the big 1, I quickly remember how amazing these last almost 12 months have been. I look at you now and when I smile, you smile. When I hug you, you reach your arms around me and squeeze or pat my back. When I walk into your room in the morning, you smile at me with the biggest smile and make these squeals and it turns my heart to mush. I guess if time has to keep going so fast, at least God makes it so you go through these milestones at the right times. It makes it easier to get excited about what is to come and not dwell on how fast it is all going. It makes me smile picturing you as a toddler running around and then as a kid playing baseball in the summer and then as an adult with your own children! But...for now, I will live in the moment and enjoy every second I have with you. Breathe in every moment and enjoy watching you become you.

I love you sweet boy. More than words.


Stole this from a friend. It is an amazing quote and something I need to remember with each breath.



No words needed.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post... It brought me to tears. Such a great reminder to see the joy of those milestones and be present with them.

    ReplyDelete