Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jameson Reed Gets Baptized! ......Quite awhile ago!

I neglected to dedicate a post to Jameson's baptism, so I am retracing my steps a little here. Jameson Reed was baptized on May 29, 2011, my golden birthday, which made that day super special! It was definitely a bittersweet day though, as we had once thought both Jameson and Lauren would be baptized together when the time came. But, I know she was smiling down on him and the rest of us that day. He was baptized at Second Presbyterian Church by Pastor Chip Hardwick (one of my favorite people!). J did a fabulous job - was awake and alert through the whole process and then passed out on me immediately when we sat back down and slept through the whole service. And, he made it through the whole day without ruining his pretty white outfit (which was my biggest fear since that was kind of his trademark at the time!).

We had a little party afterwards at my parents house and we are thankful to our family members who came and shared in his special day. He received a lot of meaningful gifts and it was fun to celebrate with everyone! Here are a few pics.

J was excited that he was about to get baptized!

Getting baptized by Chip.

Getting introduced to his new church family.
 
That was exhausting!

His pretty cake...Ayden even helped decorate the bottom corner :).


Hanging out with his Ray at the party afterwards!


Sweet little face.


J and his proud Papa.


Best birthday gift ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment