Monday, December 3, 2012

Jameson's First Haircut!!



You would have thought my child was going in for a major surgery with how anxious and nervous I was for Jameson's first haircut. I am not sure why I was having such a hard time with it, but I just could not get myself to shake the nerves and anxiety. To me, Jameson's curls have been "him" for as long as I can remember and I was so scared that if we cut them, it would be too big of a change. But....I have to say that he looked absolutely adorable and the curls remained in tact!! Probably because it was more of a trim or shaping rather than a full haircut because I was too afraid to take the plunge. But, baby steps!!

We took him to Kyle at Jenni's Salon and Spa - I have known Kyle for as long as I can remember and I go to her and trusted her with the "big" cut! She did an amazing job - even though she had quite the audience! My parents wanted to be there for the first cut, so she had a lot of eyes on her as she trimmed! Jameson was a champ as well. He was definitely taken by the "cape" he got to wear that had bears on it. When she started trimming, he had this look on his face that made us all laugh. He just kind of stared forward in the mirror and watched her with his little lips pursed. After a bit, he began talking and smiling and entertaining us.  He didn't flinch or squirm the entire time - he was such a rockstar! He actually talked about his haircut the whole weekend and kept randomly saying, "tank you Ky-yo" and "haircut, yay!". It cracked me up - guess he enjoyed himself!

We of course took the first snip of curls home (mainly for me!). His hair grows very quickly, so we will probably be back in before his second birthday for another cut. However, I may just wait it out and do a "real" cut around his birthday! I think I was so anxious for this first one because I was afraid that he would look too much like a little boy and not like my baby after it was done! But, no matter what his hair looks like, he is simply adorable and will always be my baby in my eyes.

He found my headband and put it on his head the morning of the haircut...
guess it was time!


Before!

Putting on his cape!

A good shot of the before!

Pony tail!

Here goes the first cut!

Lol!  

Admiring the bears.
His face is so funny!
Here is the stare he was giving for most of the cut!


Halfway through the cut!


This haircut stuff makes me thirsty!


Now, we are warming up!


After! He's adorable!

Wait, do you have to take off the cape?!


Thank you, Kyle!!

Couldn't be any cuter!!


*Haircut was on 11/10/12. Just now getting to writing the post on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment