Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


I have always loved this day because I get to celebrate my Mom - a woman who is everything to me. She has set a great example of what a mother should be and I hope that I can follow her lead. She taught me about patience, optimism, faith, sacrifice, love and laughter simply by watching her be my Mom. She continues to teach me these things and so much more. And, now she does this for my son too. It is so evident how much she loves him and I am so thankful for that! And, I am one of the lucky few who can say the same thing about her Mother-in-law! I couldn't have asked for a better MIL and Darin and I are lucky to have 2 very amazing Moms!

I can't believe I celebrated my 2nd Mother's Day already. We had such a great day! Jameson was a complete trip all day. I swear he woke up bouncing off the walls. He was non-stop on the go. I am surprised that he actually sat down to eat breakfast!! After he was done, he was just running around all over the place, flopping on the floor, stepping on things and then body slamming whatever it was he threw down, jabbering all the while. And, then he would run over and give me a hug or a kiss or chase Hoyt. It was seriously hilarious watching him. Darin and I could not stop laughing because he was so wired. I think I called him a nut about 100 times! He was pure entertainment!!

The first part of Mother's Day started Saturday with my family. We went over to my parents' to have some lunch and cake. It was fun as usual and Jameson thoroughly enjoyed the Dairy Queen ice cream cake! On Sunday, I opened my present and cards from the boys after we all woke up. They got me an external hard drive for all of my pictures and videos!! And, two amazing cards. After we played for awhile, we headed out to Cooksville to see Kim. Jameson was a bit nutty out there too! We played in the bouncy house and just chatted for a few hours and Jameson slowly started to wind down. He fell fast asleep on the drive home and slept for about an hour and a half.

When he woke up, he was a bit upset because his room was a pretty hot! Once he got up and moving, he was back to his crazy self! We went outside to play some basketball and then got him in his swim trunks and played with his water table out on the deck. He played hard for quite awhile and then I could tell he was getting sleepy again. We changed him into some comfy clothes and I swept him up and took him into our room and watched cartoons and snuggled, which I guess is a Mother's Day tradition. He is the snuggliest little boy and I hope he doesn't outgrow that any time soon! After about 20 minutes, he fell fast asleep and I just laid there and enjoyed every moment.

After dinner, we played quite a bit more and he was still being a goof ball! He is always so fun and entertaining, but he was "on" all day ! It was absolutely perfect on a day that was a bit rough for me (I am sure there will be more to come on this later). I thank God every day that He chose me to be Jameson's mom. He is my sunshine and can make any dark day instantly bright. He is my love. He is my world. 
My sweet little angel.
We surprised my Mom with pictures of all the grand kids by
their trees in my parents' backyard!
CHEESE!

The kids by their "grand kids" trees.
Jameson's project for me and both Grandmas!
Cuddling with my bean on Mother's Day!!
Reed women celebrating each other!

Always giving him kisses!
Ice cream cake!
Jameson seemed to like it.
More please?!

He loves his "Mawmaw" Debbie!
And, his "Mawmaw" Kim!

Being this sweet little boy's Mom is the best thing on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment