Friday, September 3, 2010

Telling the Families!


We decided to get Darin's side of the family together for dinner in Cooksville on Friday, August 6. It was pretty funny because Scott asked me at one point why I wasn't drinking. My excuse was I was so hungry that I needed to eat before drinking anything...real believable! So, we decided we needed to get the show on the road because it was getting obvious! As we were sitting around the kitchen table, Darin got up to go put on Hoyt's t-shirt. We thought we would just let him run around in it until someone noticed. Not such a good plan because 1) Hoyt HATES clothes and just proceeded to pout by Grandma Kim's feet, and 2) no one noticed for quite some time! Kelly finally noticed and just started giggling with us because he was right at Kim's feet and she still hadn't really noticed yet. Finally, everyone realized something was going on and figured it out! It was a pretty funny situation!

We then decided to tell my parents on Sunday, August 8. We were going to order pizza and hang out at my parents' house. We decided to try the whole shirt thing again even though it did not pan out so well before! We put it on Hoyt and he again decided to pout behind my legs. Jeremy finally noticed that Darin and I were both laughing and trying to get Hoyt to run out in front of everyone and then read the shirt. He just smiled and waited for everyone else to catch on. Finally, I just picked up Hoyt and held him in the air for everyone to see. I think my sister was most in shock! She was already about 15 weeks pregnant at the time, so I was super excited to be able to share this journey with her! My Mom said that she had this small inkling that I was pregnant...a Mother's Intuition! Everyone was thrilled for us though and it was so great to FINALLY be able to tell my family (I had gone to lunch or dinner about 10 times with them in the weeks leading up to it and it took everything in me not to tell them!).

We swore both families to secrecy because we wanted to wait until the 12 week appt. to make sure everything was OK. But, we just could not keep the good news from our families for 4 more weeks! I know the news leaked out to a few people (guilty as charged!), but for the most part, everyone was very good about keeping the secret!!

No comments:

Post a Comment