Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ray!!

I know this post seems a little misplaced, but for my Dad's 65th birthday, I decided to write down "65 Reasons Why I Love My Dad". Since Ray is such a huge part of Jameson's life, I wanted to share it here too, so that he always has this to remind him why we love our Ray so very much. I can only hope that one day Jameson feels this way about me and Darin and has the kind of relationship with us that I do with my parents. We love you so much Ray and thank you for all you have done to make our lives so full!!


65 Reasons Why I Love My Dad



1.    He loves us unconditionally
2.    He is creative
3.    He is best buddies with Jameson
4.    He spoils us all
5.    He wrote our Father Daughter Dance song
6.    He is funny
7.    He took me to Dairy Queen every Friday after school
8.    He is so talented when it comes to writing
9.    He ordered Pizza World pizza for us when we were little
10. He raised us to love baseball
11. He loves his wife
12. He is quirky
13. He has always been our protector
14. He is hard working
15. He is silly
16. He has a huge soft spot for his grand kids
17. He can make us all laugh
18. He is loyal
19. He is intelligent
20. He is a political guru
21. He is curious
22. He is grateful for what he has in life
23. He dealt with a household of girls for many many years...including multiple female dogs too!
24. He does not believe in excuses - I learned this regarding my curfew a few times!
25. He protects his daughters when it comes to anything
26. He is strong willed
27. He is a good brother
28. He is 100% Republican and quite vocal about it
29. He likes to collect things
30. He loves music
31. He loves to write
32. He is a romantic at heart
33. He made me believe I could do anything
34. He made my college education possible
35. He can make some of the fluffiest pancakes
36. He let me make mistakes and taught me how to learn from them
37. He shared in our camp and choir tour experiences - some of which are my fondest memories
38. He bought me a stuffed animal every time I was sick - I have a lot of stuffed pandas!
39. He bought us milkshakes or lemon lime freezes when we didn't feel well
40. He loves motorcycles. He dreams of having one.  He will NEVER have one as long as my Mom, my sister and I am alive to stop him
41. He is generous
42. He is supportive
43. He is reliable
44. He held us accountable
45. He can whistle louder than anyone I know
46. He is a big sports fan
47. He makes other dads pale in comparison
48. He used to do my hair before school sometimes
49. He is honest
50. He is an amazing grandpa. The grand kids all adore him 
51. He is a good listener
52. He is passionate about life
53. He believes in his children
54. He believes in his grandchildren
55. He used to watch Guts with me while we ate yummy snacks
56. He is fun-loving
57. He sends me beautiful flowers every year on the first day of school even though I have been out of school for many years!
58. He is a goof ball and will be the first to admit it
59. He was always the best tickle monster and now the grand kids have discovered that!
60. He served his country
61. He serves his family
62. He is brave
63. He is wise
64. He would sacrifice anything for his family 
65. He is my Dad! The best Dad in the world.  And even though he is turning 65, I can still call him Daddy.
 
On your 65th birthday I want you to know that I love you more than you'll ever know. I am so grateful to have a parental unit that has devoted themselves to life, love and raising children.  What a gift you are to me and everyone who meets you.  I am so blessed.  I wish everyone could have a Dad (and of course my equally fabulous Mom) - like you.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment