Wednesday, April 4, 2012

13 Months!


OK OK, I know I have to stop doing these monthly updates sooner or later, but I am at home today with J and decided I needed to document some of the awesome things from the past month.
  • You weigh roughly 23.5 pounds and are 31.5 inches tall. Still in size 4 diapers and still squeezing into some 12 months stuff. Mostly 18 months though.
  • You can run now, no question about it. It is so cute to watch you pick up your speed when you chase after Hoyt.
  • You love to take walks. And, I don't mean the kind where we push you in something...you actually walk with us and I love that!! You walked a few blocks once with Gma Kim and then with me and your Dad a couple of times. And, you love to walk all over the mall - Gma Debbie and Ray took you the other day and you were a hit! We took you again today and you loved it!
  • You can give real genuine kisses now. We ask for one and you walk right over to us and give us a sweet little kiss. You also kiss your "baby" (your Panda bear) and you LOVE giving Hoyt kisses...and getting Hoyt kisses!
  • You can stand up on your own now without using anything to assist you. It's all over now - you don't sit still for any length of time!
  • You catch onto things so quickly. When we ask if you are ready for a bath, you say "ba" and walk right over to the stairs and proceed to go upstairs. Same for when we ask if you are ready for a nap. You also know what we mean when we say potty...you get a little confused since Hoyt goes outside to potty, but I am hoping maybe potty training will start sooner than later. We actually bought you a little potty, but you just like to play with the lid right now!
  • You also know to walk to your high chair when we ask if you want breakfast/lunch/dinner.
  • You know where to point when we ask where our eyes, nose and mouth are. And, when you point (or poke more so) to our eyes, you say "eye".  You also like to point to Hoyt's eyes...not sure he's a big fan!
  • When you wake up, you take out your pacifier and set it on the shelf (where we keep it). I love that! You are pretty attached to your plug when you sleep, but that is really the only time you ever use it, so I don't plan on taking it away any time too soon.
  • Gma Debbie told me that you figured out how to wiggle right out of the stroller. You were very proud of yourself!
  • Ray taught you how to squint and it's really cute to watch!
  • You like to sit outside with Ray and watch the cars go by and wave at them.
  • You still speak your own little language, but you are getting very close to being able to "use your words".
  • We are just about done nursing. You stopped the night time feeding on your own about 3.5 weeks ago, which made me both relieved and sad! But, I think we are both ready and am so proud that we made it 13 months!
  • You LOVE blueberries...I am pretty sure you would eat blueberries until there were no more blueberries. You just love fruit in general, usually eating an entire fruit cup at each meal. You also suck down green beans, grilled cheese, and macaroni like there is no tomorrow!!
  • You are kind of a bully with your cousin Drake...you always take things away from him! But, I am pretty sure you both do it to each other!
  • You have been doing this for months, but you love to read your books. Sometimes you will go sit in your "reading corner" and just look through your books forever. I just love how much you like books - I hope that keeps up as you get older.
  • You love being outside. So, we went to the park a lot this past month! Once you went with Braden and Beckett and you took an almost 3 hour nap afterward!
  • You love when we pretend we are chasing you...you run and squeal.
  • You are so busy all of the time! You crack me up because you are just non-stop on the go. No wonder you sleep so well at night!
  • You continue to amaze me with your sweet nature (most of the time!) and your smarts. Every day that I spend with you is such a blessing.  
So. Precious.

Resting on Grandma Debbie at the park.
This is what we call sitting back and relaxing.
Hanging out with Braden and Dad while Mom gets in some Madison snuggles.
All I wanted was a picture with my Bean on St. Patty's Day, but
someone was too busy to stop!
Awww!!
Enjoying the beautiful weather at the park with Mom!
Best Buddies!
Squinting!
Sucking on the lemon juice...his reaction was priceless; yet, he went back for more!
Carrying around his "baby".

Best picture we could get of the "fangs"!


Reading his Cubs book in the car!

Loves his Hoyt kisses!
I think this means I should have stopped these pictures after 12 months!! Love his little heart!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment