Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Here we go again...another trip to the ER @ 26 weeks

We had another minor bump around 22 weeks, but nothing that warranted going to the ER. I was hoping this would be how the rest of the pregnancy would go. Not so much! I was honestly feeling great - getting a little uncomfortable with my big old belly, but overall was loving every minute of being pregnant. On December 4, my family went to Chicago to see Wicked. We had a fabulous time and Bean loved the music! I was also looking forward to going to Kristy and Dave's housewarming party that night (mainly because I thought she was going to be announcing something very important that night...and I was right! Bean is going to have a friend to play with!).

We got home around 8ish and I decided to go to the bathroom before we left, only to find I was spotting. Of course this happens on a Saturday night when my doctor's office is closed. I had also experienced what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions the night before at my work Christmas party, so I decided to call the on-call doc. She told me to be safe and head to Labor and Delivery because it could be a sign of pre-term labor. The tears were flowing yet again and Darin did such a wonderful job of keeping me calm (as did my parents and sister!). We headed to the ER and I got wheeled up to L&D. They hooked me up to the contraction machine and also put a heartbeat monitor to keep track of little bean's heartbeat. It was hilarious because he literally moved or kicked the ENTIRE half hour I was hooked up. At this point, I figured all was OK. Sure enough, they found nothing wrong and I was sent home. The next day was a bit rough, but I figured the cramping and pains were mostly in my head. I already had a doctor's appointment scheduled for the next week, which was reassuring. Granted, it was for my Gestational Diabetes testing (which I passed!!!), but I was able to follow-up with the doctor as well. They pretty much told me that a lot of people will experience 2nd trimester bleeding because of all the growing and shifting inside. I was just one of the lucky ones to experience it! Another sigh of relief that everything seemed to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment