Sunday, March 4, 2012

12 Months - Happy Birthday Jameson!!!!!!


Happy Birthday to the best little 1 year old on the planet!! I cannot believe you are one year old already. Where did the time go?? To say this past year was amazing would be an understatement. Seeing you grow up before my eyes has been incredible and you have made my already bright world so much brighter. We all know I am a sap, so to say that I have a 1 year old is bit hard to swallow. But, I am beyond excited for what's to come because I think it's only going to get better!

On to the milestones because there were SO many. You amaze me every day and this past month was extra special - you are definitely a little person now!!

  • You are a full fledged walker! It's hard not to smile when you walk because you always have a huge grin on your face. You can turn corners and actually turn in circles. You still plop down pretty hard on your rump every now and then and you still look a bit like Frankenstein, but you are very stable and can start and stop. Ray coined you Jamestein and it kind of stuck with your Dad and me! I call you Frankenbaby too.
  • The absolute best is when you walk over to me, wrap your little arms around my legs and look up at me with a huge smile on your face.
  • You LOVE to crawl up the stairs. You are super fast too!
  • You have started climbing on things too. You like to use toys or boxes as step stools to make yourself taller - very resourceful little bean! And, you like to try to climb in the bathtub at Gma Debbie and Ray's so you can play with the drain!
  • You are really talking now. I think it'll be a matter of time before you are saying sentences. And, I am not being that exaggerated Mom. You really try to carry on conversations and you understand a lot of what we say. So, I think once you can put it all together, we are going to have a chatterbox on our hands!
  • Some new words: book (and you always look in the direction of your books when you say it!). One of my favorites is Whoaaa. It is entirely too cute when you say that because your little face looks genuinely excited. You have actually had that one in your repertoire for a few months, but I think you really understand what it means now. You still say ball and Mama a lot. Definitely OK with that!  And, you say Ba Bye and wave!!
  • You are so curious about how things work, which is a characteristic you've had since you were just a wee little one!
  • At Grandma Debbie and Ray's, you have this "little man" that you carry around in your mouth for hours. It is hilarious. Maybe we are transitioning away from your pacifier?!
  • I devoted a whole blog post to your epic tantrums, but I have to add it here too. When you are happy, you are just so very happy. So, it's only fitting that when you are mad, you are so very mad!!
  • You are getting much better at eating table food. It's still kind of hit or miss because some nights you won't eat as much, but I am still thrilled and proud of you! You love Italian beef and your dad's new Italian chicken recipe. You devoured that chicken in minutes! You ate broccoli and cauliflower too, which was awesome! And, you love apples - you will gnaw on apples forever! You also love the Gerber freeze dried fruit pieces. We call them your "treats"!
  • Neither one of us seems quite ready to start the weaning process, so we are going to continue for a bit longer!
  • You also got not one, not two, but three little smash cakes because you just didn't want to cooperate during your 1 year pictures the first go-round. So, we tried again and you did great and then you did great at your bday party too!
  • No more bottles!! You will be using your sippy cup 100% of the time. And, we will start whole milk tomorrow. I didn't want to start you on it the day of your big party in case it didn't mesh well!
  • You are a little troublemaker :). You love to sneak through the baby gates at any chance and you love to go to the one cabinet that has a broken baby lock! Daddy fixed it over the weekend though, so I bet you'll find something else to get into!
  • You got to celebrate your cousin Beckett's 4th birthday - I snuck you some ice cream :).
  • I had my first overnight business trip - on Valentine's Day nonetheless. You got to have a sleep over with Gma Debbie and Ray though, so I am sure it was much harder on me than you.
  • You welcomed your new baby cousin Madison - you and Braden will be so good with watching out for her!
  • You had an AMAZING birthday party with a lot of wonderful people, but there will be a follow up blog post on that :).
  • One of the best things ever - I will now be spending every Wednesday at home with you!!  It will be Mom and Bean day and I am so extremely excited.
Mmm, apple!

Taking a stroll with Miss Rowan, Drake and Gma Kim!

My sweet sleepy bean!

Being silly with food!


Happy boy!

I love my Valentine's day gorilla from Gma Debbie and Ray!

Going shopping with Mom for birthday supplies!
Reading books with Daddy!
So cool in my shades!
J and his "little man".
Meeting Baby Madison for the first time!

Yep, we are in for some trouble - little man figured out how to make a "stool" out of a box!

Rooting around for his "treats".
My goof ball!

So deep in thought!
Walking like a pro!
Seriously, how sweet is that face?!

"Jameson, how old are you?" ONE!!!!
 
Last picture with the bear (sigh). Maybe I will do 18 months too :).


HAPPY BEAN DAY!!! We love you to the moon and back little man!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment