Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Working Mom vs. Stay at Home Mom

No, I am not quitting my job and no, I don't have a choice in this matter. I have to work. Darin and I enjoy our lifestyle way too much for me to not work!! And, I really do love my job and my company. But, unlike what most people told me, it is not getting easier to leave Jameson as time goes on. It is actually harder. I have had a really rough few weeks with leaving him in the morning. And, I am even leaving him with people who love him so incredibly much!! I am not sure what is going on with me, but I think it is partially because of the age he is. He is just so much fun right now and I want to literally spend every minute with him. It's bad...when he is sleeping in his crib at night, I physically miss him! I also think it may be because he is more aware of the fact that I am leaving now. Whatever it is, that drive to work after I drop him off has become a bit of a lamenting session for me. I am typically fine once I get to work and get immersed in things, but it's still tough. I catch myself looking at pictures on my phone quite a bit!

Honestly though, I am not sure being a stay-at-home Mom would be a good job fit for me. I like to be around the people, I like the challenge of my job and I like using the skill set that it takes for me to do it every single day. And, I know how incredibly challenging it is to be a SAHM. I see just how much I treasure my time with Jameson now...would it be the same if I saw him all day, every day? Yeah, probably, but I am just trying to make myself feel a little better :). Anyway, I know that when Jameson is in school, I will be glad I have a job that I love coming to each day. It will just be a challenge until then. Luckily, I can sneak in a few snuggles over my lunch break if my withdrawal symptoms become too much for me to handle!

On that note...it's time to go home, which means I have about 4 minutes until I get greeted with a huge smile and hug from the sweetest little boy.


How could you not miss that little face during the day?!
Thanks for the picture, Michelle!

Ready to show off my walking skills for you, Ma!

4 comments:

  1. I have been catching up on some of your blog posts and have a few random thoughts. First of all, our boys have ALL of the same clothes and toys haha. Sometimes I feel like your pictures are really my pictures, just with a different adorable boy in them. Also, I totally agree with the stay at home mom vs. working mom debate. Unfortunately I hate my job which is why I haven't gone back yet (extended my leave) but I don't think I can be a 100% stay at home mom either. I like the challenges of work and I do agree that I enjoy my time with the baby more after spending some time away from him. I also do think that its good for the boys... you know, to have them spending time with other loved ones. But at the same time I agree that juggling the challenges of working and being a mom is so hard. I guess thats why this is such a hot topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I LOVE reading yours as well because it's so fun to see how similar the two of them are!

    Thank you for commenting on this with your experiences. I stayed home with Jameson for 6 straight days last week and had sooo much fun with him. Going back to work yesterday was horrible. But, now that I am back, I realize that this job is a very good fit for me and even though at times I would rather be at home cuddling, I think it's what is best for my family and for me...I think it will just be an everyday struggle for awhile! And man, seeing that smiling face and getting that big squeeze at the end of the day makes it all worth it!!

    Did you decide what you are going to do?! I have been anxiously awaiting your decision :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. There I was sitting cross legged on the timber floor with a frown on my face, a big pile of papers all around me and a bassinette where my baby boy (Jordan) lay sleeping, only a few weeks old.
    At that time, we were struggling financially, and living in a cramped, cold unit with very few luxuries.
    Our lives were a mess. We had tried dozens of different business opportunities without success. I am almost embarrassed to look back at some of the scams we fell for over the years.
    And the more depressed I became about my situation, the tougher it seemed to dig myself out of the black hole I was sitting in.
    God I wanted to CHANGE!
    Check this out: http://www.workingfromhomereviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you love work, but hate commuting?
    I thought of all the people who had to commute to work every single day of the week and what that must do to their mental well being. Yuck! I felt immediately grateful for having a home based business. Check this out: http://www.cre8recovery.com/blog/love-working-hate-commuting

    ReplyDelete