Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bean's 1st Christmas!!


Ahh, I love this day!! Christmas this year was 10x better just because of precious little JR. He is by far the best gift ever....even though we made out like bandits this year! Christmas Eve was fun - we celebrated with the Webers during the day - had a wonderful time chatting, eating and opening presents. The cousins had great fun together. Then we went to church at 2PC at 5:00. Jameson seemed to enjoy the singing. After church, we went to my parents for dinner and then came home to start our family Xmas Eve traditions. This included getting into Christmas jammies, leaving out treats for Santa, sprinkling reindeer food on the lawn, reading Twas the Night Before Christmas as a family and then (kind of) watching Mickey's Christmas Carol. So. Much. Fun.

We woke up Christmas morning around 7:45 and opened presents as a little family. Got it all on video thanks to Santa for bringing us a tripod for our video camera! Jameson had a good time opening the presents and then immediately playing with each one. We had to take a breakfast break in between opening gifts, but overall, Jameson did a great job! He was exhausted after everything, so he took a little nap and then we all got cleaned up to head over to my parents' house for the day/evening. We made a pit stop at the cemetery to drop off an ornament for Lauren - Jameson was finally awake during this visit, so it was a special moment.

Of course when we walked in to my parents' house, we were greeted by my Dad singing, "Christmas is coming...I can hardly wait". This is an annual tradition with my Dad - he will start singing it the day after Christmas each year...maybe this is why I get so excited for Christmas! Jameson was a bit tired by the time everyone got there, so the girls iced cookies while baby boy napped. After he was rested, we opened gifts and of course Jameson got SPOILED! He and Braden were so much fun to watch.  For the rest of the afternoon, we all played with our toys, helped Mom make dinner, and then the Finns came over to eat. We all ate way too much and had a good time catching up. It was a wonderful night and I left feeling even more blessed.

All in all, I think Jameson's first Christmas was a huge success. I know that I probably spent too much money and worry on getting everything perfect for him even though he really did not quite understand what was going on. But, that is what I do, so no big surprise (I guess I take after my parents in this respect too!). Next year will be even more fun, as I think he will understand a bit more and begin to appreciate the magic and joy of Christmas.


Merry Christmas to all...and to all a goodnight!


Opening presents at Gma and Gpa Webers!

The big kids got a bouncy house from Gma and Gpa Weber!

So happy it's Christmas time!
Hanging with Daddy!


At church on Christmas Eve


Jameson and Hoyt tried to steal Santa's cookies! And, then we sprinkled reindeer food on the lawn!
Christmas morning!!
Opening presents!
So cute.
Stopped to thank me for all of his presents!

All of Jameson's presents from Grandma Debbie and Ray (and Santa!)

He's on the loose! Heading straight for his presents!

I LOVE my Little People Airplane!


So big!

Braden was showing Jameson how to use his new car!
Thanks Gma Debbie and Ray for spoiling me!!

One of the best gifts ever! My parents recorded themselves reading The Night Before Christmas with music for Jameson. It is an amazing gift that will be cherished.


Man, someone is spoiled!!!! Thanks everyone who made this Christmas amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment