Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pesky Gremlin


I realized that I neglected to write a post about the little gremlin that likes to visit every now and again! As you have noticed in my previous posts, I think Jameson is an awesome baby. Overall, he is extremely happy and content and honestly just a complete joy to be around - he seriously smiles 90% of the day. However, we did go through a stretch at about 3 months where whenever 7:00 PM rolled around, the gremlin would come out to play! Luckily, this only lasted about 4 days, but now this little creature likes to come out at random times! You see, Jameson's one issue is that he is already so interested in the world that he does not always like to go to sleep when he is clearly tired. That child fights with all of his might to stay awake!  This is when the gremlin takes over and he is kind of hard to keep at bay.  Most of the time, whoever is watching Jameson can "catch" him before he gets overtired, but not always. But honestly, in a weird way, it is so endearing. And, deep down, I kind of like being able to rock him, walk with him, sing to him, and talk to him to help soothe him...it's things like this that I know I will miss when he gets older! Plus, I have learned a lot of new songs (or at least make up words to them...) and know almost every book we own by heart. So little gremlin, you have met your match...I am learning how to fight you now, so you might as well just stay away and let my sweet little boy fall asleep in peace :).

And, I actually have an update since this post is kind of past tense. As of late, Jameson has really learned how to fend off the gremlin in most situations. Darin and I have mastered the walking around with him before he gets grumpy in the evening process and this past weekend, putting him down for a nap in his crib during the day was a breeze. And with bedtime, we are slowly but surely getting our sleepy little boy back who falls asleep with no issues. Whew! And now I am going to go knock on wood...

No comments:

Post a Comment